Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Hate Crime

Michael Scott: I am a victim of a hate crime. Stanley knows what I’m talking about.
Stanley: That’s not what a hate crime is.
Michael Scott: Well I hated it.

So this is what I woke up to this morning…




Haven’t we been here before? Have we honestly come full circle? Is this for real? All I could do was laugh hysterically. Of course it had to be my car.

The good news is…this isn’t my first rodeo. I know the protocol. Quick call to the Police Department. Check. Quick call to the Insurance Company. Check. Make an appointment with Safelite AutoGlass to come to my work to fix the window. Check. Wrap myself in blankets, put on my mittens, dodge the seven thousand shards of shattered glass strewn about my car, and blast the heater to survive the frigid morning commute. Check check.

Oh did I mention what they stole? My temple bag. Yep. That’s what they were after. Can’t imagine that was the treasure they were hoping would be in that black shoulder bag. Don’t think it was quite the jackpot they were going for. Yaaaa. Cooool. Turns out it means something to me though random window-smashing person…

And this is me as I wait in my car for Kevin from Safelite AutoGlass to come fix my window. Yay for Kevin.


One more cool thing. So, I think there is some shattered glass lodged somewhere in the deep recesses of my car because now the radio chirps. No really. It chirps. And it didn’t used to do that.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Good heavens Summer J! You really are cursed when it comes to bad car luck. Those dumb window smashing temple bag stealing theives!! I am so sorry you have to deal with that.

Amy said...

i am soooo sorry!!!!!!

Janice said...

sometimes i hate thieves. just sometimes. like this time.

Colette said...

Wow, what are the odds?? I'm so sorry summer!! But you are hilarious in the way you described it. You have an amazing attitude. And I love you and miss you lots!

anna banana said...

Crazy crazy hate crimes going on in SLC. Cant believe it!

Ron and Rachelle said...

crazy Summer! sad about your car! great blog! I am glad I can keep in touch this way. You look so good!