One of my favorite hymns is How Firm a Foundation (Hymn #85). Reason: It is all about the Savior. My foundation. I love the line in the first verse: “What more can He say than to you He hath said…” It is so true. What more can he say? What more can He do? He has done everything. His Atonement covers everything…all of our sorrows, sins, weaknesses, imperfections, pains, inadequacies, infirmities—every place that we are not firm, it liberates the captives, binds up the broken-hearted, gives strength to the weak, turns scarlet sins white as snow, brings hope to those who long to be better than they are, and restores "beauty for ashes" (Isaiah 61:1-3).
What more can He say? He has already done the ultimate, given His all, sacrificed for us, and given us His word of promised blessings. We are truly bought with a price. It is me who should be asking: What more can I do? What more can I say to bring others to Him? What more can I give? What more can I sacrifice?
I owe everything to Him. He is truly my firm foundation. He is my joy. He is steadiness and surety in a world full of change and things that are temporary. I know that He lives. He provides “unchangeable love,” hope, and truth. Like it says in the hymn, I have often fled to Him for refuge, and as my days have demanded it, He has succored me. He has been with me in every condition, given me aid, strengthened me, helped me, caused me to stand, upheld me, blessed me in my troubles, supplied me with His grace, refined me, loved me unchangeably…and even down to old age, I know He will never desert me or forsake me (How Firm a Foundation, Hymn #85).
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Summer, Thank you for sharing that. That hymn holds a special place in my heart as well. We sure think the world of you.
I randomly decided to check your blog today..probably b/c I love/appreciate you so much and couldn't stop thinking about how much you constantly bless my life! Your new post pretty much "sums" it all up! Thanks doll face! Love YOU!!! :)
Post a Comment