Saturday, October 18, 2008

I love to read.

I just finished one of the best books that I have read in a long time. Okay, so I guess that's not really saying a lot because unless you count the scriptures I have not exactly read a whole lot of books lately. However, this book is good.

The book: When Crickets Cry
The author: Charles Martin

Don't judge the book by it's title...it should not actually be called When Crickets Cry, it should be called Guaranteed To Make YOU Cry. It is really awesome when your roommate comes in to find you with 17 used tissues and mascara running down your face. Cool.

My mom recommended this book to me and not gonna lie, after reading the back of the book I was not all that intrigued, but after I actually started reading it I could not put it down. Charles Martin is an amazing writer. I like books that make you think, that you learn something from, and that make you want to be a better person. This book did all three. So ya, I am not a fan of spoiling the story for people so I'm not even gonna say what it is about, not gonna give any lengthy excerpts, and not gonna tell you my favorite parts. But did I mention it was a good book??

No comments: